The Office of Academic and Student Services (OASiS)
The Office of Academic and Student Services (OASiS) aims to promote student-athlete academic achievement, community responsibility, and personal accountability.
The purpose of the Office of Academic and Student Services is to offer academic and personal support for student-athletes. All programs and services are designed to enhance the experience of the student-athlete in the academic, athletic and campus communities.
Ingersoll Academic Achievement Center - 3rd floor Case Athletics Complex
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday 8:00am-9:00pm
- Friday 8:00-5:00pm,
- Sunday 6:00pm-10:00pm
Student-athletes at The University of Tulsa receive academic support through The Office of Academic and Student Services. Our programs and services include:
- Academic monitoring - Monitor academic progress and maintain communication with University faculty regarding assigned student-athletes.
- Assessments - Student-athletes are required to take an assessment test that measures reading and writing skills.
- Study Hall- A clean, quiet and supervised environment that offers structure and support, that allows for productive learning. Required hours are based on cumulative grade point average.
- Tutoring - Content tutors that provide student-athletes assistance beyond what they receive in the classroom.
- Mentoring - mentors are specialist that help student-athletes holistically with time management, organization, and study skills.
- Academic Training Camp - A summer bridge program that assist new students (freshmen and transfer) with their transition to college and The University of Tulsa.
- Hurricane Athletes Achieving Success (HAAS) - Assists freshmen and transfer students with their transition to college and The University of Tulsa through the use of workshops and speakers.
- Student-Athlete Affairs
- Personal Development
- Career Development
- Community Outreach
- TU Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
Dr. Christina Carter - Associate Athletics Director for Academic and Student Services
Sport Responsibilities: W. Soccer, M/W Tennis, and M/W Track & Field
Schnea Nealy - Assistant Athletics Director for Academic and Student Services
Sport Responsibilities: M/W Basketball, Rowing, and Tennis
Jaysen Spencer - Assistant Director of Academic and Student Services
Sport Responsibilities: Football (Defense), M. Soccer, Softball, M/W Cross Country
Michael Britton - Academic Coordinator/Tutor & Mentor Coordinator for Academic and Student Services
Sport Responsibilities: Football (Offense & Special Teams), M/W Golf
Dannie McGuire - Department Assistant
Kasee Patterson - Graduate Assistant
Alyssa Latney - Graduate Assistant
Drew Freeman - Intern
Jill Barrett - Student Intern