Golden Hurricane Student Services Program
Golden Hurricane Student Services aims to promote student-athlete academic achievement, community responsibility, and personal accountability.
Student-athletes at The University of Tulsa receive academic support through the Golden Hurricane Student Services. The programs and services include:
- Academic Coordinating - Monitor academic progress and maintain communication with University faculty regarding assigned student-athletes.
- Assessments - Student-athletes are required to take an assessment test that measures reading and writing skills.
- Enhanced Academic Support - A clean, quiet and equipped environment that offers structure, support, and supervision that allows for productive learning. Required hours are based on cumulative grade point average.
Tutoring - Content tutors that provide student-athletes assistance beyond what they receive in the classroom.
- Summer HAAS - A summer bridge program that assist new students (freshmen and transfer) with their transition to college and The University of Tulsa.
- HAAS - Assists freshmen and transfer students with their transition to college and The University of Tulsa through the use of workshops and speakers.
- Student-Athlete Affairs
- Personal Development
- Career Development
- Community Outreach
- TU SAAC
Location and hours of operation
- Case Athletic Complex (Third Floor)
- Monday-Thursday 8:00am-9:00pm
- Friday 8:00-5:00pm,
- Sunday 6:00pm-10:00pm
Melissa Dawson - Associate Athletics Director/Student Services
Sport Responsibilities: Football, M&W Tennis, Volleyball
Schnea Nealy - Sr. Academic Coordinator/ Director of Student-Athlete Development
Sport Responsibilities: M&W Basketball & Rowing
Jaysen Spencer - Academic Coordinator
Sport Responsibilities: M&W Soccer, Softball, M/W Track & Field/Cross Country
Michael Britton - Academic Coordinator/Tutor Coordinator
Sport Responsibilities: Football & M/W Golf
Dannie Mcguire - Department Assistant
Erica Dean - Graduate Assistant
Blaine Gonsalves - Graduate Assistant
Kelsey Hancock - Graduate Assistant