March 22, 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma -
Team Duel Results
The Tulsa track and field teams opened the outdoor season with a successful showing in the Tulsa Duels, which were hosted at the Hurricane Soccer and Track Stadium today.
Winning events for TU were Bryce Robinson (200-Meter Dash), Isaac Sanders (400-Meter Dash), Elijah Silva (800-Meter Run) and Olivia O'Hare (1,500-Meter Run).
Danny Thater (2,000-Meter Steeplechase), Alex Lybarger (Hammer) and Stacie Taylor (2,000-Meter Steeplechase) all set new school records.
Freshman Isaac Sanders won the 400-meter dash in a time of 50.14.
Elijah Silva captured the top mark in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:51.85, Brian Tabb was fourth (1:56.00) and Aaron Thornburg was ninth (2:00.20) overall.
With a time of 21.01, Bryce Robinson set a personal-best and earned a first-place mark in the 200-meter dash. Andrew Jameson (22.30) and Paul Akintade (26.47) were seventh and 16th, respectively.
In the 2,000-meter steeplechase, Danny Thater posted a school-best time of 5:59.53 for second place, while Emmett Cookson was in fourth place (6:06.96) and Nick Criser finished ninth overall (6:27.00).
Julian Frazier was second in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 55.35 and David Anderson was sixth with a time of 59.51.
With a time of 10.74, Otugo Ananaba earned a third-place finish in the 100-meter dash.
Sophomore Alex Lybarger set a school record, recorded a new personal best and finished fourth with a hammer throw of 52.56 meters, was fourth in the shot put with a distance of 15.55m for another personal record, and in the discus, turned in a ninth-place throw of 38.64 meters.
Colt Johnson was in 13th place with a distance of 27.15 meters for a new personal-best in the discus.
In his first collegiate outdoor competition, Paul Akintade posted a distance of 6.37 meters in the long jump for eighth place.
Adam Roderique tallied a time of 4:13.13 in the 1,500-meter run for ninth place.
Tulsa's Olivia O'Hare and Clara Langley took the top two spots in the 1,500-meter run with times of 4:38.81 and 4:40.75, respectively.
Stacie Taylor and Natasha Cockram competed in the only 2,000-meter steeplechase race in school history. Taylor earned a second-place time of 7:00.09 to set the school record and Cockram was fifth overall with a time of 7:36.75.
In the 400-meter dash, Katherine Camp and Alex Lyons both set personal-bests with times of 55.95 and 58.46, respectively, for second and seventh-place.
Natasha Cockram was third in a time of 10:12.24 in the 3,000-meter run and Olivia Lopez was fifth with a time of 10:16.28.
With a time of 1:05.08, Roos-Sanne Claassen captured a third-place mark in the 400-meter hurdles, while Kendall Cox was 12th in a time of 1:24.58.
Hartly Carlisle placed fifth overall with a distance of 41.74 meters in the discus.
In the 200-meter dash, Cydney Fogle posted a time of 25.85 for eighth place, Lauren Thomas was ninth in a time of 26.07 and Alex Lyons finished 11th overall in a time of 26.19.
Elizabeth Lothamer had a throw of 9.30 meters for 17th place in the shot put.
Tulsa will return to action next Thursday through Saturday, March 27-29, at the Texas Relays in Austin, Texas.
For all Tulsa track news and information, visit www.TulsaHurricane.com. Follow on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TulsaHurricane and www.Twitter.com/TulsaTrack, and on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TulsaHurricane and www.Facebook.com/TulsaTrack.
Top Performer and Tulsa Results
Women's Hammer Throw
1. Caitlin Way, Oklahoma State - 58.06m
Men's Hammer Throw
1. Nick Miller, Oklahoma State - 71.30m
4. Alex Lybarger, Tulsa - 52.56m
Women's Javelin Throw
1. Meghan Dennis, South Dakota - 45.22m
Men's Javelin Throw
1. Joseph Taylor, Oral Roberts
Women's Discus Throw
1. Ieva Zarankaite, Oklahoma State - 50.96m
5. Hartly Carlisle, Tulsa - 41.74m
Men's Discus Throw
1. Itamar Levi, Oklahoma State - 50.24m
9. Alex Lybarger, Tulsa - 38.64m
13. Colt Johnson, Tulsa - 27.15m
Women's Shot Put
1. Chase Baley, Oklahoma State - 15.51m
17. Elizabeth Lothamer, Tulsa - 9.30m
Men's Shot Put
1. Itamar Levi, Oklahoma State - 17.62m
4. Alex Lybarger, Tulsa - 15.55m
Women's Pole Vault
1. Sarah Sheppard, unattached - 4.20m
Men's Pole Vault
1. Jack Whitt, unattached - 5.50m
Women's Long Jump
1. Robiann Broomfield, Missouri State - 5.65m
Men's Long Jump
1. Emanuel Wiley, unattached - 7.04m
8. Paul Akintade, Tulsa - 6.37m
Women's High Jump
1. Julia Schmaltz, Oklahoma State - 1.60m
Men's High Jump
1. Kurt Corbie, unattached - 1.90m
Men's Triple Jump
1. Tim Jones II, Oral Roberts - 14.84m
Women's Triple Jump
1. Kenna Wolter, unattached - 13.08m
Women's 2,000-Meter Steeplechase
1. Mason Cathey, unattached - 6:50.93
2. Stacie Taylor, Tulsa - 7:00.09
5. Natasha Cockram, Tulsa - 7:36.75
Men's 2,000-Meter Steeplechase
1. Brigham Hedges, Oklahoma State - 5:59.11
2. Danny Thater, Tulsa - 5:59.53
4. Emmett Cookson, Tulsa - 6:06.96
9. Nick Criser, Tulsa - 6:27.00
Women's 4x100-Meter Relay
1. Missouri State (Borders, Joseph, Maximilien, Husbands) - 46.29
Men's 4x100-Meter Relay
1. Oral Roberts (Reis-Herron, Hicks, Abston, Mutanga) - 44.15
Women's 1,500-Meter Run
1. Olivia O'Hare, Tulsa - 4:38.81
2. Clara Langley, Tulsa - 4:40.75
Men's 1,500-Meter Run
1. David Osborn, Oklahoma State - 3:58.18
9. Adam Roderique, Tulsa - 4:13.13
Women's 100-Meter Hurdles
1. Shanelle Williams, UMKC - 14.04
Men's 110-Meter Hurdles
1. Airick Johsnon, Southern Nazarene - 14.50
Women's 400-Meter Dash
1. Madison Reynolds, Oral Roberts - 55.09
2. Katherine Camp, Tulsa - 55.95
7. Alex Lyons, Tulsa - 58.46
Men's 400-Meter Dash
1. Isaac Sanders, Tulsa - 50.14
Women's 100-Meter Dash
1. Shavonne Husbands, Missouri State - 11.69
Men's 100-Meter Dash
1. Joseph Reis-Herron, Oral Roberts - 10.58
3. Otugo Ananaba, Tulsa - 10.74
Women's 800-Meter Run
1. Adela Hofmannova, Oklahoma State - 2:17.10
Men's 800-Meter Run
1. Elijah Silva, Tulsa - 1:51.85
4. Brian Tabb, Tulsa - 1:56.00
9. Aaron Thornburg, Tulsa - 2:00.20
Women's 400-Meter Hurdles
1. Bailey Johnson, Oklahoma State - 1:03.88
3. Roos-Sanne Claassen, Tulsa - 1:05.08
12. Kendall Cox, Tulsa - 1:24.58
Men's 400-Meter Hurdles
1. Lukas Bernard, South Dakota - 55.29
2. Julian Frazier, Tulsa - 55.35
6. David Anderson, Tulsa - 59.51
Women's 200-Meter Dash
1. Althia Maximilien, Missouri State - 24.32
8. Cydney Fogle, Tulsa - 25.85
9. Lauren Thomas, Tulsa - 26.07
11. Alex Lyons, Tulsa - 26.19
Men's 200-Meter Dash
1. Bryce Robinson, Tulsa - 21.01
7. Andrew Jameson, Tulsa - 22.30
16. Paul Akintade, Tulsa - 26.47
Women's 3,000-Meter Run
1. Gintare Zenkeviciute, Oklahoma State - 10:05.52
3. Natasha Cockram, Tulsa - 10:12.24
5. Olivia Lopez, Tulsa - 10:16.28
Men's 3,000-Meter Run
1. Brian Gohlke, Oklahoma Sate - 8:32.18
Women's 4x400-Meter Relay
1. Oklahoma State `A' (Presley, Brown-Hearrell, Crook, Wesley) - 3:55.52
Men's 4x400-Meter Relay
1. Oklahoma State `B' (Gray, Payton, Wheatley, Vilhauer) - 3:22.15