O'Hare Finishes Fifth in the Wanamaker Mile at Millrose Games
Feb. 15, 2014
NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. - Former University of Tulsa cross country and track and field student-athlete Chris O'Hare finished fifth in the Wanamaker Mile at the Millrose Games on Saturday.
O'Hare ran the mile race in a time of 3:54.66 in a race filled with the best runners in the world.
With O'Hare's time, he hopes to qualify for the World Indoor Track and Field Championships.
The men's field consisted of 12 runners and included Lawi Lalang, the 2013 NCAA indoor mile and 3,000-meter champion, Alan Webb, the American open and high school record-holder in the mile and Nick Willis, a three-time Olympian.
Follow Tulsa Athletics on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TulsaHurricane and Facebook at www.facebook.com/TulsaHurricane. Follow Tulsa Track & Field and Cross Country on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TulsaTrack and Facebook at www.facebook.com/TulsaTrack.
Results - 2014 Wanamaker Mile
1. Will Leer, Nike - 3:52.47
2. Lawi Lalang, University of Arizona - 3:52.88
3. Nick Willis, Adidas - 3:53.02
4. Nate Brannen, Saucony - 3:54.32
5. Chris O'Hare, Scotland - 3:54.66
6. Craig Miller, New Balance - 3:55.09
7. Leo Manzano, United State of America - 3:56.73
8. Jesse Garn, Binghamton University - 4:01.10
9. Kirubel Erassa, Oklahoma State University - 4:02.54
10. Johnny Gregorek, Columbia University - 4:04.70
11. Alan Webb, Bowerman Athletic Club - 4:06.11
12. Batty Miles, Asics - 4:10.12
ATHLETICS TICKET OFFICE