No. 31 Men's Tennis Falls to No. 20 California 4-0 Sunday
March 16, 2014
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. - The University of Tulsa men's tennis team fell to California 4-0 on Sunday at the Oracle Collegiate Tennis Challenge.
No. 31 Golden Hurricane (10-7) lost the doubles to No. 20 California (9-3). TU doubles team of Alejandro Espejo and Japie De Klerk won 8-4 over No. 76 Cal doubles team of Andre Goransson and Ben McLachlan.
The Bears to a 3-0 lead after a win at the No. 4 and No. 5 singles position and finished the match with a win at the No. 2 singles position.
The Golden Hurricane returns to action next weekend as it faces host Baylor on Friday, March 21 at 7 p.m. and host Texas on Sunday, March 23 at 1 p.m.
For all Tulsa men's tennis news and information, visit www.TulsaHurricane.com. Follow Tulsa Athletics on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TulsaHurricane and Facebook at www.facebook.com/TulsaHurricane. Follow Tulsa Men's Tennis on Twitter (http://twitter.com/TulsaMTennis) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/TulsaMTennis).
No. 20 California 4, No. 31 Tulsa 0
1. #84 Ben McLachlan (Cal) vs. #63 Japie De Klerk (TLS) unfinished
2. #81 Campbell Johnson (Cal) d. #67 Clifford Marsland (TLS) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
3. #117 Filip Bergevi (Cal) vs. #108 Alejandro Espejo (TLS) unfinished
4. Gregory Bayane (Cal) d. Or Ram-Harel (TLS) 6-3, 6-1
5. Mads Engstad (Cal) d. Carlos Bautista (TLS) 6-3, 6-3
6. Nikhil Jayashankar (Cal) vs. Daniel Santos (TLS) unfinished
Order of Finish: 4, 5, 2
1. Gregory Bayane/Chase Melton (Cal) d. #19 Clifford Marsland/Dylan McCloskey (TLS) 8-5
2. Japie De Klerk/Alejandro Espejo (TLS) d. #76 Andre Goransson/Ben McLachlan (Cal) 8-4
3. Filip Bergevi/Mads Engstad (Cal) d. Matthew Kirby/Daniel Santos (TLS) 8-4
Order of finish: 3, 2, 1
ATHLETICS TICKET OFFICE