No. 35 Men's Tennis Falls to Host No. 8 Texas 4-0 Sunday
March 23, 2014
AUSTIN, Texas - No. 35 University of Tulsa men's tennis team fell to host No. 8 Texas 4-0 on Sunday at Penick Allison Tennis Center.
Texas (16-3) won the doubles point after winning at the No. 2 and No. 1 doubles point. At the No. 1 doubles position, the score was tied at seven, but the Longhorns won the tie-breaker 7-4 to win the set 8-7 and to clinch the doubles point.
The Longhorns extended its lead to 3-0 after wins at the No. 3 and No. 5 singles position and clinched the match with a win at the No. 6 singles position.
No. 68 Clifford Marsland lost the first set 6-0 to No. 26 Lloyd Glasspool, but won the second set 6-4 and was leading the third set 2-1 before the Longhorns clinched the final point.
The Golden Hurricane (10-9) takes a week off before hosting No. 29 South Florida on Friday, April 4 and No. 1 Oklahoma on Sunday, April 6 at the Michael D. Case Tennis Center.
For all Tulsa men's tennis news and information, visit www.TulsaHurricane.com. Follow Tulsa Athletics on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TulsaHurricane and Facebook at www.facebook.com/TulsaHurricane. Follow Tulsa Men's Tennis on Twitter (http://twitter.com/TulsaMTennis) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/TulsaMTennis).
No. 8 Texas 4, No. 35 Tulsa 0
1. #29 Søren Hess-Olesen (UT) vs. #63 Japie De Klerk (TLS) 7-5, 1-3 unfinished
2. #26 Lloyd Glasspool (UT) vs. #68 Clifford Marsland (TLS) 6-0, 4-6, 1-2 unfinished
3. Adrien Berkowicz (UT) d. #108 Alejandro Espejo (TLS) 6-1, 6-0
4. #57 George Goldhoff (UT) vs. Dylan McCloskey (TLS) 6-3, 5-2 unfinished
5. Nick Naumann (UT) d. Or Ram-Harel (TLS) 6-4, 6-0
6. Clement Horns (UT) d. Juan Carvajal (TLS) 6-2, 6-0
Order of Finish: 3, 5, 6
1. Søren Hess-Olesen/Lloyd Glasspool (UT) d. #19 Clifford Marsland/Dylan McCloskey (TLS) 8-7 (4)
2. Adrien Berkowicz/George Goldhoff (UT) d. Japie De Klerk/Alejandro Espejo (TLS) 8-1
3. Jacoby Lewis/David Holiner (UT) vs. Matthew Kirby/Daniel Santos (TLS) 7-3 unfinished
Order of finish: 2, 1
ATHLETICS TICKET OFFICE