Women's Tennis Completes Second Day Of Aces For The Cure
Sept. 22, 2012
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -
The University of Tulsa women's tennis team wrapped up the second day of the Aces For The Cure Tournament on Saturday, September 22 at the Plaza Tennis Center.
In singles play against Princeton, Vickers, playing in the No. 1 slot, defeated Lindsay Graff. 4-6 7-6(3), 10-3 to improve her weekend record to 2-0.
In No. 4 singles, Maria Sant'Anna defeated Katie Goepel 6-0, 6-1 as Sant'Anna now is 2-0 in singles play. Reneta Kurikova defeated Monica Chow, 7-5, 6-3 and Belen River defeated Joan Cannon, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 6 and No. 7 singles, respectively.
Champions will crowned at each singles and doubles position once the tournament concludes on Sunday.
The final day of the tournament begins at 9 a.m. tomorrow at TU will face Princeton at 9 a.m. in doubles play. The invitational concludes when Tulsa faces Missouri in singles play at 10:30 a.m.
For all Tulsa women's tennis news and information, visit www.TulsaHurricane.com. Follow Tulsa Athletics on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TulsaHurricane and Facebook at www.facebook.com/TulsaHurricane. Follow Tulsa Women's Tennis on Twitter (http://twitter.com/TulsaWTennis) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/TulsaWTennis).
SAT SEPT 22 RESULTS
First Round Doubles 9:00 AM
Oklahoma State and Tulsa elected not to play
Second Round Doubles 10:30 AM
Missouri vs. Tulsa
1. Elisha Gabb/Cierra Gayton-Leach (Missouri) def. Michelle Farley/Saana Sarteinen (Tulsa) 8-4
2. Rachel Stuhlmann/Madison Rhyner (Missouri) def. Maria Sant'Anna/Renata Kurikova (Tulsa) 8-3
3. Samantha Vickers/Isaura Enrique (Tulsa) def Alex Clark/Maria Christensen (Missouri) 8-3
Lindsay Graff/Joan Cannon (Princeton) def. Belen Rivera/Carol Benito (Tulsa) 9-7
First Round Singles 1:30 PM
Tulsa vs. Princeton
1. Samantha Vickers (Tulsa) def. Lindsay Graff (Princeton) 4-6, 7-6(3), 10-3
2. Amanda Muliwan (Princeton) def. Isaura Enrique (Tulsa) 6-2, 6-2
3. Katherine Flanigan (Princeton) def. Michelle Farley (Tulsa) 7-5, 6-4
4. Maria Sant'Anna (Tulsa) def. Katie Goepel (Princeton) 6-0, 6-1
5. Emily Hahn (Princeton) def. Carol Benito (Tulsa) 7-5, 6-2
6. Renata Kurikova (Tulsa) def. Monica Chow (Princeton) 7-5, 6-3
7. Belen Rivera (Tulsa) def. Joan Cannon (Princeton) 6-1, 6-2
6. Saan Sarteinen (Tulsa) def. Madison Rhyner (Missouri) 6-3,6-3
ATHLETICS TICKET OFFICE