Facebook.com Twitter.com YouTube.com

Volleyball Diary Entry No. 1

Women's Volleyball Home

Tulsa Volleyball Signs Three Junior College National Champions


Wills Adds Two to 2015 Volleyball Roster


Donald W. Reynolds Center

Tulsa Volleyball on Facebook

Tulsa Volleyball on Twitter

Monday August 9, 2004

Today we reported to start our season. This will by my final season so it was exciting to begin. We met at noon and had a meeting as a team to discuss the season and what our coach and us as players expect for this year. As a team we have high expectations, we feel that we are a very talented team and we know that we will succeed not only in our tournaments, but also in the WAC. As a senior I am confident that our team will do better than any other Tulsa volleyball team. After our meeting, we went down to our locker room to see our practice gear and our jerseys for this year. We finished the afternoon with more meetings and physicals. Later that night we met at the New Balance store in Utica Square to try on shoes to play in and also for running. Once everyone had a pair we went over to P.F Chang's for dinner as a team. Everyone on the team enjoyed the dinner. It was nice to sit down and catch up with each other and it also gave us an opportunity to talk to and to get to know the new girls. After dinner we all went home and began preparing for tomorrow, the first day of practice.

Tuesday August 10, 2004

Today was the first day of practice. We began at nine this morning, but not to early, so that was nice for all of us. We are having our harder practices in the morning to avoid the heat and humidity in the afternoon. We worked on ball control skills this morning. We were just trying to get back into the flow of playing again. It was also a practice to ease the new girls in and to get them used to some of our drills. It took some time for the new girls to pick up on the drills, but after a while they were doing fine. Our practice lasted until 11:00 or so. Coach gave us time to go get ice and to change before lunch started. We all went and had lunch together as a team. Its nice to be a smaller team were we could sit together and have lunch. After lunch we all had time to relax, and if anyone needed rehab it was our opportunity to get that done. I had rehab at 4:00 for my knees, after my rehab we took team pictures and head shots for our program and also for the Internet. Once pictures were over we went to weights and had orientation and we also tested our vertical jump. After weights we had the rest of the night off. Today was a nice day to ease everyone into practicing again.