Facebook.com Twitter.com YouTube.com

Volleyball Entry No. 5

Women's Volleyball Home

Tulsa Volleyball Signs Three Junior College National Champions


Wills Adds Two to 2015 Volleyball Roster


Donald W. Reynolds Center

Tulsa Volleyball on Facebook

Tulsa Volleyball on Twitter

Monday August 16,2004

Today we had our first practice at nine in the morning. It was a little difficult to wake up since we had an off day yesterday. Today's practice we worked more on passing and our attacks. We are starting to pull everything together with passing and hitting being combined. It was a nice intense practice to start off our second and last week of two-a-days. Later in the day we had yoga. It was a very nice break from practicing. I have never done yoga before so I did not know what to expect. It was fun learning all of the different positions. Our team favorite position was the tree position. That is where you are balancing on one foot and your other foot is resting on the thigh of the leg you are balancing on, with your hands in the air. I heard that yoga was a lot of stretching so I did not expect that it actually works your muscles. If you have never done yoga before I would recommend that you try it at least once, it's fun to learn. That was all that we did for today, it was helpful to ease us back into the routine.

Tuesday August 17, 2004

Wow it was another early start for us today. We met at the beach courts on-campus at 6:45 a.m. We did our conditioning watching the sunrise. It was nice to see the sunrise, but I don't think I would like to do that again soon. Our conditioning was difficult; it was mostly running in the sand. We also did approach jumps but not as much as we did running or jogging because of being in the sand. We did a total of thirty laps with a break after we finished fifteen laps, by the second lap your calves started to burn. By the end of the conditioning our legs were so tired and worn out. After conditioning we had a few hours to sleep a little and get lunch before we had practice again. We started practice at noon. It was difficult to get going because our legs were still worn out, but we had to do well. Just like yesterday we continued to work on putting everything together. It was not that long of a practice it just seemed so long because all of us were fatigued. Later on in the afternoon we had weights. We followed the same program that we did last Thursday. Weights did not take that long but we still managed to get a good lift in, as we were done for the day after weights. Today was the longest day that we have had since we began camp last week; we will probably be sore tomorrow from the busy day that we have had.